Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 292: JFA

My uncle Don is the guitarist for a band called Jodie Foster's Army aka JFA. If you are a fan of punk rock you are probably familiar with the band as they have been on the scene for the past 30 years. At one point, The Beastie Boys opened for them in New York City in the '80's. Its strange that my uncle, who works for Boeing and is a pretty clean cut guy is in one of the most underground punk band of all time.

I went to a show of theirs tonight that was at Alex's bar in Long Beach. It is also the same bar that is used in True Blood.











There's uncle Don getting ready to shred it up.


Brian, the lead singer and pianist.



Gary, the bassist.





Caught Aunt Perrie by surprise.


This was the best picture I took all night. It was hard because I had to be so close that I was in the pit and was constantly in fear of getting hit in the face or trampled but somehow I got this.


The kid in the middle drove all the way up from Mexico City to see them play.


It was weird seeing all these punk rockers in their 40's and 50's come out in their leather jackets and patch filled vests, but that's awesome they still feel rebellious against society.

No comments:

Post a Comment