Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 54: South Park Takes on Inception

If I were ever to become a history teacher, I would use South Park relentlessly in my class to show students important current events and people's divided opinions on them. It is great how they tackle both sides of an issue and then, in the end, make everyone feel retarded for making a big deal of it.

Tonight they took on Inception and in true South Park style, they nailed it. One of the better jabs tonight said by Stan's Mom, Sharon, was, "Just because something is really complex doesn't make it cool." The ending of the episode was similar to the film in that one asks oneself, "but what if you being in Mr. Mackey's dream was your cure?" followed by the psychiatrist humming Zack Hemsey's Inception theme.

All I have to say is that in the end, Inception and South Park are fucking awesome and Leo was in a dream the whole time, but you'll have to ask me in person for the proof. I'd get carpal tunnel from writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment