Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 15: Wilt "The Stilt" Chamberlain



About two years ago I went searching for the perfect piece. I had been searching Craigslist for a couple weeks waiting for a diamond in the rough. And then...it came. Some guy was trying to sell his 3 foot Beaker Bottom Roor for $200. He posted it at 5:00pm. I called him at 5:05pm.

When I arrived, it was the usual awkward Craigslist encounter until I saw him... He was sitting on the coffee table just kicking it. They packed me a snap as they told me they named it "The Elevator". I stayed polite and didn't insult them for naming a $500+ piece of glass the gayest name ever. As I left, I shut the door and giggled like a little school girl with my new best friend in my hand.

If you are mentally handicapped or a girl then you may not know who Wilt Chamberlain was but he is basically the greatest basketball player that has ever lived. He scored 100 points in a game... before 3-pointers even existed. He was also a fucking giant earning him the nickname "The Stilt".

This piece is a tribute to the NBA Legend and he keeps the name strong. While he did undergo some surgery after a tragic car accident, he still trucks on even if hes a little shorter and no longer has a beaker. I cleaned him today and he is looking fressshhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment