Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 25: Freshman Orientation

The Film and Media Studies Department had their freshman orientation today in the new Pollock Theater. I remember going to this four years ago and hearing the exact same things from the exact same people, but it sounded different now after going through it all. In the end the message was "while we have an incredible department for critical studies, theory, and history, you have to work outside of class to learn about production."



Dana Driskel, Head of Production, was the ultimate badass as usual when he stood up and said, "Hi, I'm Dana Driskel, Head of Production, and we are not a production school. Since everyone else went over their time, I will bring us back." Then he introduced the next speaker and sat down... done like a true boss

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!!!! I remember... and there I be! Taking pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you forgot "welcome to the ghetto" lol

    ReplyDelete