Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 21: L.A.

There were so many things that could have gone wrong today... but they didn't. I drove down to L.A. this morning to get Eres Tu Telecined. It always feels weird being in L.A. after everything you see in the movies. Even though I've been there many times now, it still takes a moment to convince yourself that you aren't going to get robbed, shanked or raped. It is funny though how I found a blood spot in the bathroom of Albertsons.


After talking to a couple people, I decided to go to Cinelicious. They have been in their new spot for about a year after moving from a garage. I took these pics with my cell phone so they arent very good but I didn't feel like I knew Cinelicious well enough to take pictures with my camcorder. When I return, I am not leaving without some. Here's Andy editing...


This is the actual telecine machine they use to convert the film to a digital format. New ones can cost up to a million bucks but this one is an older one.


The design of their building was really modern and cool. They work in a very dark, cave-like room with concrete walls and huge open spaces.


I took a bunch of pictures today, most of them from my car. Not for this one though.











I can't wait to go back to L.A. for a day to just find graffiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment