Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 123: UPGRADE

Today is a great day for No Money Necessary Productions. I invested in a brand new Canon Rebel T2i.

At first I wanted to get the Canon 5D Mark ii which is the hottest Independent filmmaker's camera right now. But at $3,400 I would have to sell my soul. So I decided that I would get the Canon 7D which has similar video capabilities as well as some other cool features like 8 frames per second. But that was also too expensive. But i really needed to start shooting on a DSLR because my pro-sumer camcorder wasn't doing it.

I've taken almost every picture on this blog with that camcorder and I realized that many people who would see me take pictures with it would say, "Are you shooting video?" or "I thought you were just gonna take a picture." Dana Driskel taught me that the camcorder is a very threatening device which I came to realize. I would often get denied to go into places with the camcorder where cameras are more than welcome and it felt discriminating. But now it will no longer be a problem.

With this Canon I can also have more control over focusing, depth of field, ISO, and a bunch of other stuff that I don't even know about. My pictures can be even finer growing from 10.2 mega pixels to 18! I am very excited to expand my knowledge both as a photographer as well as a cinematographer.

These pictures were taken with my old Sony HDR-SR12.










This is the last picture I will ever take with that camera.


These are the first pictures to be taken on the Canon Rebel T2i (Don't judge because I just pointed and shot without messing with the settings). I have mixed feelings today because I will be selling the frist No Money Necessary camcorder to my brother Chad. I filmed Shane Kills Corey, How To Win At Mortal Kombat, Two Bongs on a Table, Spencer The Waster, Three Bongs on a Table, Dirk Bramsen: IV Foot Patrol (Let's edit it Mitch), Corey Kills Shane, My Last Day Documentary, The Free Walking Crew Mockumentary, The Desert Gold Documentary (It will be finished Orlando and Jasmin I swear to god!), The Pringles Commercial, Fall Intramural Promo, Doug's Calzilla Attempt, Winter IM Promo, as well as countless other miscellaneous gems throughout these years. But with every death there comes rebirth.




No comments:

Post a Comment