Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 98: BWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH (Inception sound)

Tonight we saw Inception in the Pollock Theatre but this wasn't any screening. We saw it on a 4k projector with a Meyer sound system. 

For all you normal people who don't know what a 4k projector is, let me break it down for you. Your TV's highest resolution is 1080 or 1k. Your average movie theatre projector is a 2k. so the 4k is twice as good as any theatre projection you have ever seen. I thought there were only a handful of these in the US but I guess there are like 800. But this along with the Meyer sound system makes it ridiculous.

The Meyer Surround Sound is like 18 speakers that can literally make you shit yourself (trust me). Apparently   the combination of the 4k and the Meyer system has only been done in two places: UCSB Pollock Theatre and some theatre in Madrid. So be fucking jealous.

In the theatre there are some rooms for guests and performers and shit but since I T.A.in the theatre I can sneak in pretty easily.

1 comment:

  1. I've experienced a Meyer sound system on a theater with a 2K projector and believe me, it still makes you crap and pee in your pants, there is nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete