Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 69: Chicken Scratch

Film 96: Advanced Film Analysis is a class in which you write 5-7 page papers in 12 weeks. So basically a paper is due every other week adding up to a total of 35 essay pages for the quarter. The worst part about the class is that it is taught by Cynthia Felando, the worst film professor of all time. 

I have had her for a total of 5 classes and each one was worse than the last. She is also the only person to teach 96 with the exception of the summer before my freshman year. I have waited for four years for her to not teach this class but she has somehow become aware of my plan and has waited me out. Knowing my luck she will not teach it this summer after I graduate. 

The class would be interesting if it were not taught by her. The class is known as the hardest film class at UCSB and it is almost guaranteed that everyone in the class get a F or D on their first paper or two. It is unfortunate that the class is designed like a boot camp to break a student down to build them back up because for students who like their high GPA's, they pretty much have to give up their social lives for a quarter. 

Today's picture is of some notes I took during one of her monotone, unbearable rants about a terrible movie that few will see and less will enjoy. I can't wait until this class is over.


P.S. I hate Cynthia Felando

No comments:

Post a Comment